Shop Online with Peace of Mind (NEW FEATURE)
DB Card Secure is a service offered by Doha Bank in association with “MasterCard® Secure Code™” and “Verified by Visa” for secure online payments. It is a secure and easy-to-use service that protects your Doha Bank credit cards and prepaid cards against unauthorized use when you shop online at merchant websites.
As Doha Bank card customer, you are automatically enrolled for 3D secure service free of cost.
Why is it secure?
Password protection – Doha Bank’s card secure enhances your card’s online transaction security with a One Time Password (OTP). When you shop at participating online stores, you enter your password in the same way you enter your PIN (Personal Identification Number) at an ATM. It means that only you can use your Doha Bank card online, giving you the same assurances you have when you use your card in a physical store.
Your card security is evolving
In the past, you were asked to enter your “static” password (password of your choice) every time you were performing online card transaction on participating 3D secure merchant. With our commitment to provide enhanced security, we are now introducing One Time Password (OTP) which will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID.
- Same / static password for all online transactions
- For every online transaction, customers will receive OTP on registered mobile number and email ID
Enhanced protection: One Time Password (OTP) will be sent to your registered mobile number and email ID, thus eliminating the probability of unauthorized transactions.
Convenient and simple: You do not have to install additional software or any other program to have this facility.
International acceptance and more security: Most of the leading international merchants/retailers are already enrolled for 3D secure.
How it works
- After entering card details, you will be forwarded to 3D secure page (if merchant is enrolled for 3D secure program).
- A One Time Password (OTP) is sent to your mobile number and email ID (as registered in our records).
- Enter the OTP to complete the transaction.
- If you have not received OTP on your bank registered mobile number or email ID, please contact our 24 x 7 customer service number +974 44456000.
Got Question about 3D Secure
We have got the answers
3D Secure offers additional protection on your online transactions. It operates under MasterCard Secure Code (MCSC) and Verified by Visa (VBV) framework.
Doha Bank have now introduced One Time Password (OTP) for online (internet based) transaction. You do not need to register for 3D secure as Doha Bank offers this facility free for all credit card customers.
Check for Verified by Visa or MasterCard secure code logo. If these logos are available on merchant’s website, you will be required to enter OTP to complete the transaction.
Yes, you can still complete online purchase. The only difference is that you will not be required to enter OTP for this transaction.
After you have entered the card details, OTP screen will be displayed. You can just hover / Click mode of communication and your masked mobile number and email ID will appear on the screen. For further clarity, please refer to below image.
If your email ID is not registered in bank’s records, you will view following image. To get it registered, please contact Doha Bank’s call center number 44456000 from your registered number.
If OTP is not received, please do following:
- Refer to ‘mode of communication’ (as shown in above displayed images), to check the last 4 digits of mobile number where OTP is sent. If this mobile number does not belong to you, you can call our 24 x 7 call center number 44456000. Call center will advise the way forward.
- If OTP is not received on your mobile phone, you can also retrieve OTP from your bank registered email ID’s.
- You can also resend OTP, if OTP is not received on 1st instance.
If your transaction is failed after entering OTP, please contact our call center number 44456000.
Your transaction at participating 3D secure merchant cannot be completed without entering OTP and the OTP will only be sent to your bank registered mobile number and email ID. This eliminates the chances of unauthorized online transactions on your card.
The OTP will be sent to the registered mobile number of supplementary card holder. If mobile number of supplementary card holder is not available in bank’s record, the OTP will get delivered on primary card holder’s mobile number. Primary card holder can share the OTP with supplementary card holder and transaction can be completed using same OTP.
OTP is valid for 5 minutes and can only be used one time. One OTP cannot be used for multiple transactions.
Doha Bank will not recognize the wrong card number and your transaction will be declined by us.
Doha Bank’s retail, commercial and corporate products are granted at our sole discretion and are subject to the Bank’s terms, conditions and acceptance.