Doha Bank has a dedicated team of treasury specialists offering clients a wide range of treasury products including FX Spot, Forwords, Swaps, Currency Options & Margin Trading.
Treasury Dealing Room timings
Monday to Friday – 7.30 AM to 8.00 PM
Sunday – 7.30 AM to 3.00 PM
Foreign Exchange Rates
View the updated exchange rates in Online and Mobile Banking
Click here to login to DBank Online
- Spot : A spot transaction is the exchange of one currency for another currency, fixed immediately in respect of an underlying foreign exchange commitment, at a specified rate, where settlement takes place two business days later.
- Forward Contract : A forward contract is an agreement to buy or sell foreign currency at a specified price on a future date. A forward contract is a simple tool that can be used to hedge your currency risk. Clients are running increasingly greater risks in markets that are highly volatile and unpredictable. Forwards are effective & simple tools to manage this risk.
- Swaps : A currency swap involves two parties that exchange a notional principal with one another in order to gain exposure to a desired currency. Following the initial notional exchange, periodic cash flows are exchanged in the appropriate currency.
- Margin Trading : Doha Bank offers their clients “Margin Trading” service in foreign currency and precious metals by depositing a cash margin. For example, if the client deposits USD10,000 then the client will be able to trade up to USD100,000, subject to prevailing margin rate of 10%. A team of specialists at the Treasury and Investment department follows up clients’ orders, execute their deals, and keep them informed with the exchange rates and the latest market developments.
- Currency Option : Currency options are contracts in which the option buyer has the right to buy or sell currency at a specified exchange rate on a specified date. The option buyer pays a premium for buying the option. The maximum downside in plain vanilla options is limited to the premium paid for the option buyer. Currency options can be also be structured according to the clients requirements to execute their market view or underlying business requirement
Doha Bank’s retail, commercial and corporate products are granted at our sole discretion and are subject to the Bank’s terms, conditions and acceptance.