About the Role
The Teller will be responsible for processing the financial transactions of DB customers at the branch. The incumbent will perform basic banking service functions, and other branch related operations including but not limited to completion of daily reports, processing cheques, customer deposits, savings account transactions, loan transactions, selling cashiers and traveler’s checks, daily balancing etc., in compliance with established policies and procedures.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities Include
- Process financial transactions of Doha Bank customers, in a professional / courteous demeanor, paying utmost importance to customer satisfaction.
- Receive cheques, examine / verify for amount and endorsements, process withdrawals post-verification of signatures and customer balances, and system posting in respective account. Ensure to obtain prior approval for all payment in excess of approval limit assigned.
- Maintain adequate cash drawer at all times, including ordering, receiving, and verification of cash from the vault as necessary, in close coordination with the Operations Manager.
- Manage the individual cashbox in line with the prescribed limits.
- Perform daily reconciliation and balancing of each day’s transactions and verify cash totals in accordance with Bank procedures and regulations, and report on discrepancies, if any, to the Operations Manager.
- Obtain cash / cheques deposits, cross-verify amount and endorsements on the pay-in-slip, and update discrepancies, if any, to the reporting authority.
- Ensure prompt input of customers’ transactions into financial system to record transactions and ensure generation of system receipts for customers, in an accurate manner.
- Attend to and accurately complete customer applications / transactions related to selling of travelers’ checks, and money orders.
- Attend to and accurately complete customer applications / transactions related to remittance processing, credit cards, loans, mortgages or public utility payments, and FX.
- Assist with the branch Cash Vault / ATM cash replenishment procedures, as applicable, in line with the control / security guidelines.
- Organize, index, batch and process proof-work documents including but not limited to daily counter transaction slips, On-us / Not-On-Us cheques, and payment coupons / receipts.
- Capitalize on cross-sales / up-selling opportunities to sell alternative Doha Bank products and services to existing and potential customers in close coordination with the respective branch personnel.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Required
- Degree in Business Administration with specialization in Banking and Finance, and / or Sales and Marketing from a recognized university.
- Master’s degree in Management or any other related discipline.
- 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in a teller role.
- Prior experience in a cash handling and/or customer service position.
- Must be Bilingual (Arabic & English).
If you meet the above requirement email your updated CV in English on email@example.com (mention in the subject line the position applying for).
Please Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.