The incumbent will be charged with the overall responsibility of serving as the primary point of contact for a portfolio of the trade finance clients. The jobholder will work with existing customers to help them make the right decisions regarding their accounts and explain the financial services and solutions on offer to them. The RM will also be in charge of identifying possible Trade Finance sales opportunities and generate new business for Doha Bank. The incumbent will review applications and provide recommendations to senior management on Trade Finance Sales viability.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities
- Assist in the implementation of the corporate banking strategy, annual business plans, budgets, policies and procedures of the Trade Finance Sales section.
- Originate, maintain and develop relationships with external corporate customers to expand Doha Bank’s Trade Finance Sales portfolio.
- Promote the Bank’s Trade Finance products through continuous sales efforts to realize growth objectives.
- Assist in enhancing the profitability of the section through completing sales, service delivery, implementation of business strategies, and business development efforts.
- Coordinate with the different Wholesale Department Heads to enhance and report on cross sales efforts.
- Work independently with clients to understand their business needs and associated banking needs.
- Assist the Senior RM and Section Head in identifying potential clients for providing advice on LC/ LG products, and on import, export & trade finance solutions.
- Liaise with the Trade Finance Operations department in ensuring that aspects of international settlements and Trade Finance business are completed on time.
- Liaise with the Corporate Branches employees to ensure that the banking needs and transactions pertaining to corporate and financial institutions are met in a timely manner.
- Assist the Senior RM and the Section Head in acquiring new relationships/ enhancement of the trade finance portfolio.
- Keep track of, and report on the progress of the Business development/enhancement efforts in line with the target assigned.
- Support in the review of the disbursement of funds from appropriate credit facility accounts for the Trade Finance portfolio customers.
- Support in review of the issuance of business operational documents, and coordinate with other functions at Doha Bank such as Credit Administration and Trade Finance for the maintenance and issuance of administrative documents, Letters of Credit, Letters of Guarantees and Bills for collection.
- Provide necessary instructions to the Trade Finance operations section on the daily account-related banking activities of the Trade Finance customers, as directed by the Sr. RM / Section Head.
- Continuously monitor the financial standing / banking transactions of Trade Finance customers under the respective portfolio.
- University degree in Business, Finance or equivalent from a recognized university. MBA/ MSc and/ or MA is preferable.
- 10-13 years of related experience of which a minimum of 2-3 years should be in a similar position / responsibility, preferably in a similar Industry entailing responsibilities of Trade Finance Sales activities.
If you meet the above requirement email your updated CV in English on firstname.lastname@example.org (mention in the subject line the position applying for).
Please Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.