About the Role
The Finance Assistant will assist the Finance Manager and the Finance team in effective administration / operations of the regulatory reporting / reconciliation / accounts payable and FC deliverables within Kuwait branch, in compliance with the regulatory reporting requirements and preparation of MIS reports. The incumbent will assist in prompt preparation of periodic Central Bank of Kuwait regulatory reports, returns/requests, and timely processing/reporting related to Reconciliation/ payables / FC activities.
Detailed Roles and Responsibilities Include
- Assist the Finance Manager / Finance team in preparation of the balance sheets and related calculations/tables pertaining to the Kuwait branch for review/due submission to the Central Bank of Kuwait, in line with the reporting guidelines.
- Assist the Finance Manager in the sharing / implementation of the new CBK Regulatory Reporting requirements that the regulatory agencies/ governmental bodies might enforce, in terms of the policies and operational procedures.
- Assist in coordination efforts with the internal stakeholders in ensuring prompt submission of statutory and regulatory reporting requirements (in prescribed languages) across the branch in line with the guidelines set by the respective regulatory authorities.
- Assist in coordination efforts with the relevant departments, in preparation of CBK reports.
- Attend or assist to job activities needed to maintain auto-reconciliation system on daily basis, as assigned.
- Support in review of manual matching of items outstanding in the accounts assigned, based on the matching criteria agreed/defined.
- Identify and update the Finance Manager, and the relevant Dept. on un-reconciled /outstanding transaction items, for necessary rectification, in compliance with operational risk, audit & compliance requirements.
- Attend/assist in the preparation of monthly reconciliation age analysis report for review by the Management.
- Assist the Finance Manager to carry out detailed reviews and identify system changes and recommend appropriate actions on timely basis.
- Involve and ensure processing of monthly accruals/provision on various expenses, bad debts provisions before end of each month.
Essential Qualifications & Experience Required
- University graduate with a degree in Business or Banking or Finance or any other related discipline.
- Master’s degree in Management or any other related discipline will be an added advantage.
- 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in Accounts Payable or reconciliation or FC or regulatory reporting in banking industry.
- Must be Bilingual (Arabic & English).
If you meet the above requirement email your updated CV in English on firstname.lastname@example.org (mention in the subject line the position applying for).
Please Note: Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted.