Doha bank underlines its innovation credentials once again by becoming the first bank in Qatar to offer customers biometric access to banking services
Doha Bank, the largest private commercial bank in Qatar, has launched an enhanced version of its mobile banking application, offering a host of new features that add versatility and convenience for users. The enhanced app has been launched as part of Doha Bank’s efforts to elevate the user experience of its DBank Mobile service, which brings 24/7 banking to customers right at their fingertips.
Doha Bank customers can download the revamped mobile app from ‘Play Store’ or ‘App Store’ and use their DBank Online user ID and password to log into the app and gain access to DBank Mobile service.
Significantly, the new enhanced version of the app offers users the option of using their fingerprints to authenticate their identities to sign in to mobile banking – instead of user ID and password – making Doha Bank the first bank in Qatar to provide customers with biometric access to banking services. The biometric access control feature is available on select Apple and (iOS 8 or above, iPhone 5S or above) and Android (OS 6 or above, smartphones and tablets with biometric reader) devices and software versions.
“Doha Bank has a proud tradition of innovation that has seen us consistently bring advanced, technology-based banking solutions that make life simpler and more secure for our customers. We continue to demonstrate that pioneering spirit today by becoming the first bank in Qatar to introduce biometric banking, which ushers in a new era of convenience for customers by allowing them to access their mobile banking app within seconds,” said Dr. R. Seetharaman, CEO of Doha Bank.
Other features newly introduced in the mobile app include:
- Local Fund Transfer, which allows customers to transfer funds to beneficiaries having an account in any other bank in Qatar.
- D-Cardless Withdrawal – this feature allows customers to send money instantly to anyone in Qatar via a Doha Bank ATM. The receiver can withdraw the ascertained amount without the requirement of an ATM Card.
- Western Union Money Transfer, whereby customers can remit money to any country through Western Union.
- Remittances through Credit Card – a first-of-its-kind service in Qatar that allows customers to remit money to their home country via electronic transfer using their Doha Bank credit cards.
- Click Card Reload – this is a unique feature from Doha Bank that allows customers to top-up or load funds into their virtual credit card – i.e. Click Card – to use it for Internet shopping.
- In addition, the updated app also includes an Announcement of New Features section that highlights the features newly added in the latest release.
These new features complement the pre-existing capabilities and features of the Doha Bank mobile app which range from User Registration, Utility Payment and E-Statement to Fund Transfers and Apple Watch Banking.